Your Workplace Your Employees & the Law (Online)
Designed for non-lawyers, this course will provide business owners, managers, supervisors, and HR professionals with a roadmap for effectively handling complicated employee-related issues that affect today’s legal-prone work environment. Each class contains guidelines, step-by-step compliance instructions, and practical leadership skills, methods, techniques, and proven strategies for successfully managing employees and for complying with state and federal workplace laws.
Workplace Law Compliance
- HR/Employer Recordkeeping Requirements.
- Company Policies and Handbooks (What Works for You and Against in Court).
- Understanding Federal Mandated Leave-of-Absence Laws (Guidelines, Forms, Policies & Tracking).
- Legal Guidelines for Layoffs, Downsizing/Restructuring, Handling Unemployment Claims & Employee Recall Rights.
- Joint (Dual) Employer Liability (Does It Apply to Your Workplace)?
Supervisors & The Law
- How to Legally Track, Document & Discipline Employees.
- How to Effectively Handle Employee Absenteeism & Punctuality Issues.
- How to Handle Disgruntled & Bad-Attitude Employees without the Fear of Threats or Lawsuits.
- Preventing Supervisor Liability (Employee Confidentiality/Privacy Issues, Discrimination, Retaliation, Bullying & Harassment).
Handling Employee Grievances and Complaints
- Understanding the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Process.
- Legal “Do’s & Don’ts” for Handling Employee Grievances.
- How to Develop an Effective Internal Dispute Resolution Policy/Procedure.
- EEOC Guidelines for Conducting Workplace Investigations.
Selecting, Interviewing and Hiring the Best People
- Guidelines for Pre-Screening Job Candidates.
- How to Legally/Effectively Get Candidates to Talk About Reprimands, Previous Employers & Terminations.
- Developing Excellent Interviewing Skills (Legal “Do’s & Don’ts”).
- How to Catch Resume Fraud, Fakes, & Liars.
- Guidelines for Legally Extending & Retracting Job Offers.
- How to Deal with Bad Hiring Mistakes-Legally & Without Fear of Retaliation