Producing Videos for the Web
Add polish & interest to your website by adding professional video. This course will give student hands on experience in how to produce a video from start to finish - catching the viewer’s interest & drawing them towards your product or service.
- Gather bullet points & information on product or service
- Outline & storyboard ideas - write a script
- Light & shoot video & audio – gather other media
- Import elements into non-linear editing system
- Basic editing techniques & effects
- Export project
- Post to website
Students will produce a promotional video for client from conception to completion, posting it to client’s website.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply the sequential process of video project & offer creative ideas by:
- Writing & Storyboarding
- Lighting, shot composition & audio techniques
- Importing video and other media
- Basic Non-linear editing & effects
- Introdution to Adobe Premier
- Exporting the project
- Posting video to website
- Organize Ideas
- Plan shoot
- Gather other existing media
- Technical tutorial on camera operation
- Lighting & shot composition
- Microphone placement
Injesting Media & Intro to Editing
- Injesting & Organizing Elements
- Intro to Non-Linear Editing
- Setting up Project & Sequence
- Importing Audio, Video, Graphics, Photos
- Organizing Media in project
Editing & Transitions
- Navigating timeline
- Using Source & Program monitors
- Working with clips & Markers
- Editing & Mixing Audio
- Adding Transitions
- Adjusting with Motion, Size & Position
- Adding Titles
Hands on editing Individual Projects
- Student writes own storyboard & gathers elements
- Instructor supervises & assists students
Rendering & Exporting Project
- Rendering tool
- Exporting – MANY various formats
Posting to Website
May 6 & 20, 2017
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
CSU's Monte Ahuja College of Business, 1860 E. 18th St., Cleveland, OH 44115 (map)
Corporate, CSU Student, Alumni and Organization membership discounts available!
Competency-Based Professional Development: Our programs increase learner retention through application, which results in a more productive workforce. Students demonstrate their competence by successfully completing a course assessment.
All Inclusive: Each course delivered at CSU includes materials, pre-test and post-test, coffee, snacks, lunch and convenient, on-site parking.
Educated and Experienced Instructors: Our instructors bring years of real-world, classroom and CPA, CFA, SHRM, PhD and MBA experience. Many hold leadership positions in northeast Ohio organizations and have taught at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
Cost-Effective: The course is designed to minimize travel expenses and time away from work.
Convenient: Flexible schedules are not only an attractive option, but a necessary for busy professionals.
Networking Opportunities: Learn from instructors and colleagues who have a variety of industry experiences to share.
Audit option: Students have the option to audit a course they have already attended at no charge within one academic year. Interested students must notify the ProDev office requesting to audit a course a minimum of 10 business days prior to the course start date to ensure there is enough seating. Audit students are responsible for their own parking and lunches. New materials will not be provided.
Corporate, Custom Availability: Can be custom-tailored to the needs of your organization to provide skills your workforce can apply immediately as a corporate training if requested.
No refunds will be issued if notification is not received seven business days prior to the first day of class. Registrants who cancel will receive a refund, less a $50 processing fee, if we receive written notification a minimum of seven business days prior to the first day of class.