Mentoring & Coaching Level 1 (Online)
Mentoring and coaching have come to be used more frequently in organizations to improve leadership competencies and provide employee support. It has benefits for the employer and employee. Develop skills in the development, implementation, and support of coaching and mentoring programs in your workplace. Take home the much-awaited toolkit you have been searching for to improve your employees’ performance and create the working environment that your employees will find truly rewarding.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- To provide organizational employees with information that will allow them to possess the skills and motivations to be a successful mentor or coach in their environments.
- To provide those interested in mentoring and coaching with the knowledge necessary to be an effective mentor or coach.
- To address the most commonly asked questions about mentoring and coaching.
- Detail the pros and cons of the most commonly used mentoring/coaching paradigms, and provide recommendations on how to implement these strategies across different operational scenarios.
- Possess the information necessary to discuss the advantages of mentoring and coaching in your organization.
- Know the key steps in how to prepare to be an effective coach or mentor.
- Have the basic knowledge necessary to successfully mentor or coach in your organization.
Introduction to Mentoring/Coaching
- Coaching and Mentoring –Defined
- Why Mentor or Coach?
- What are the types of mentoring? (Career development and Skills development)
Coaching versus Mentoring (What’s the Difference?)
- Role Model - Define
- Which one is right for you? (Assess yourself as a Mentor/Coach)
- What is Peer mentoring
The Effective Mentor or Coach (Leadership Tools & Techniques etc.)
- Setting Realistic Expectations
- Get Creative
- Communicate Effectively
Issues in Mentoring and Coaching
- Teamwork (Group Dynamics)
- Increasing your Emotional IQ (Civility in the Workplace)