Who Should Attend
This course is for beginning programmers with prior knowledge of HTML interested in building more robust web pages.
HTML 5 and CSS or equivalent knowledge.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the scripting guidelines that need to be followed while writing a script.
- Add scripts to a web page, store and manipulate information, communicate with the browser window, respond to events like mouse clicks and form submissions, and identify and modify HTML.
- Build pop-up navigation bars, enhance HTML tables, create an interactive photo gallery, and make web forms more usable.
- Create interesting user interfaces with tabbed panels, accordion panels, and pop-up dialog boxes.
- Learn to avoid the ten most common errors new programmers make, and how to find and fix bugs.
- Adding Logic
- Dynamically Modifying Web Pages
- Basics of JQuery
- Basics of AJAX
May 15, 17, 22 and 24, 2017
6:00 p.m.-9:30 p.m.
Location: CSU's West Center, 26202 Detroit Road, Westlake, Ohio 44145 (map)
Corporate, CSU Student, Alumni and Organization membership discounts available!
Competency-Based Professional Development: Our programs increase learner retention through application, which results in a more productive workforce. Students demonstrate their competence by successfully completing a course assessment.
All Inclusive: Each course delivered at CSU includes materials, pre-test and post-test, coffee, snacks, lunch and convenient, on-site parking.
Educated and Experienced Instructors: Our instructors bring years of real-world, classroom and CPA, CFA, SHRM, PhD and MBA experience. Many hold leadership positions in northeast Ohio organizations and have taught at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
Cost-Effective: The course is designed to minimize travel expenses and time away from work.
Convenient: Flexible schedules are not only an attractive option, but a necessary for busy professionals.
Networking Opportunities: Learn from instructors and colleagues who have a variety of industry experiences to share.
Audit option: Students have the option to audit a course they have already attended at no charge within one academic year. Interested students must notify the ProDev office requesting to audit a course a minimum of 10 business days prior to the course start date to ensure there is enough seating. Audit students are responsible for their own parking and lunches. New materials will not be provided.
Corporate, Custom Availability: Can be custom-tailored to the needs of your organization to provide skills your workforce can apply immediately as a corporate training if requested.
No refunds will be issued if notification is not received seven business days prior to the first day of class. Registrants who cancel will receive a refund, less a $50 processing fee, if we receive written notification a minimum of seven business days prior to the first day of class.