Introduction to Business Research (Online)
Business Research will provide the specific knowledge needed to succeed in researching and utilizing the best and most appropriate data for decision making. It will also provide the skills needed to effectively communicate research results to a specific audience for maximum impact and effective decision making. The course is broad based and provides a strong foundation for meeting business research needs. More advanced courses will be available after completion of this foundation course.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Clearly define their goal and make him/her efficient and effective in choosing the right business research path.
- Utilize the right business research tools and resources that will effectively lead him/her to accomplish their goals and provide confidence that they are making the best decisions.
- Know effective business research activities that work to help them in achieving the results you need for success.
- Effectively communicate the results of their research effectively to their selected audience(s).
- Learn how to follow up and confirm that your business research is producing the results you want and need to be successful.
- Be aware of the environment and continuously scan the environment for pertinent information.
- Understand the importance and significance of properly identifying and defining a specific research question and will have the knowledge to do so.
- Select the most appropriate research tools to complete the task effectively and efficiently.
- Understand the results of the research and will be able to communicate the results effectively to selected audiences.
- Effectively follow up to insure effective decisions have been made on the basis of the research. If necessary, the student will also be able to continue with the process as needed until desired results are achieved.
Discovering What You Want
- Knowing the environment
- Exploring the research question
- Deciding upon the desired outcomes
Selecting the Best Research Process
- Primary research tools
- Secondary research tools
- Thinking outside the box
Doing the Research
- Effectively utilizing selected research tools
- Analyzing the results
- Summarizing your findings
Communicating the Results
- Knowing your audience Preliminary discussions
- Packaging the results for presentation
- The formal presentation