Hispanic Marketing (Online)
Accordiing to the U.S. Census Bureau, Hispanics accounted for over half of the growth in the U.S. population between 2010 and 2015. The U.S. Latino population is also expected to more than double within the next two generations. In 2015, Hispanic buying power was an estimated $1.3 and this number will be around $1.7 trillion by 2020. In this course, we focus on developing an understanding of the U.S. Hispanic market and examine appropriate ways to culturally connect with them.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the US Hispanic market according to its salient characteristics
- Enumerate the factors that make the Hispanic market different from other culturally unique markets
- Define and apply knowledge of the following key concepts: cultural marketing, objective and subjective culture, reference groups, enculturation, acculturation, and assimilation, positioning, and cultural archetypes & dimensions.
- Explain how the minority-majority population trend in the US, education levels, language preferences and proficiencies, cultural identity, and acculturation levels of US Hispanics influence marketing decisions.
- Describe the current Hispanic marketing and Spanish-language media industry.
- Recognize the presence of US Hispanics in the digital landscape and its implications for marketing.
March 5-30, 2018
To receive the EARLY BIRD RATE, you must register at least 6 weeks prior to the start date of the course. Corporate, CSU Student, Alumni and Organization membership discounts available!
Competency-Based Professional Development: Our programs increase learner retention through application, which results in a more productive workforce. Students demonstrate their competence by successfully completing a course assessment.
All Inclusive: Each course delivered at CSU includes materials, pre-test and post-test, coffee, snacks, lunch and convenient, on-site parking.
Educated and Experienced Instructors: Our instructors bring years of real-world, classroom and CPA, CFA, SHRM, PhD and MBA experience. Many hold leadership positions in northeast Ohio organizations and have taught at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
Cost-Effective: The course is designed to minimize travel expenses and time away from work.
Convenient: Flexible schedules are not only an attractive option, but a necessary for busy professionals.
Networking Opportunities: Learn from instructors and colleagues who have a variety of industry experiences to share.
Audit option: Students have the option to audit a course they have already attended at no charge within one academic year. Interested students must notify the ProDev office requesting to audit a course a minimum of 10 business days prior to the course start date to ensure there is enough seating. Audit students are responsible for their own parking and lunches. New materials will not be provided.
Corporate, Custom Availability: Can be custom-tailored to the needs of your organization to provide skills your workforce can apply immediately as a corporate training if requested.
No refunds will be issued if notification is not received seven business days prior to the first day of class. Registrants who cancel will receive a refund, less a $50 processing fee, if we receive written notification a minimum of seven business days prior to the first day of class.