Creating Cell Phone Apps for your Business (Online)
It seems that nearly everyone is carrying and using a smart phone these days. Whether you favor the Android, iPhone or Blackberry platforms, once you get used to having Internet access with you “everywhere” you go, it’s hard to be unplugged. Smart organizations across the globe are investing in building smartphone applications. The challenge with traditional smartphone applications is that development is highly technical and very expensive. In this four week course, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how non-technical users can build, deploy and market smartphone applications across Android and iPhone platforms. This course is ideal for business owners and executives who want to understand how smartphone applications can be inexpensively built and also for technical users who want to understand to how quickly deploy smartphone applications. NOTE – This course will not include any programming. At the end of this course, each participant will discover how easy they can build smart phone applications for their businesses, without any of the programming which is normally required.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand how an organization can benefit from providing mobile applications
- Know the steps for a non-technical user to follow in order to create a mobile application
- Understand security implications.
- Understand the pros and cons of native versus web-based applications
- Demonstrate how to track usage and traffic
- Discuss options for monetization
- Understand options for application creation
- Have built 3 mobile applications
- Know how to build custom applications without programming
- Know how to track application traffic
- Understand monetization options
- Understand security implications
- To provide app-store publishing requirements
- Why your organization should leverage smart phones
- Ideas for smartphone applications
- The smartphone landscape & platform options
- RSS feeds explained
- What is Twitter?
- What is Facebook?
- What is youtube?
- What is a blog?
- What are QR codes?
- Web apps vs smart phone applications
- Building your first application
- Building your second application
- Basic image manipulation for smart phone use
- Sharing your application with others
- Previewing your application on a smart phone
- Tracking your application usage
- Building your third application (2-week project)
- Options for monetizing your application
- Understanding publishing guidelines for applications
- Deploying to the App Stores
- Monetizing through AdMob
- App builder roundup